fruchtbarkeit

Thursday, May 19, 2005

IF, it's everywhere

I do love the woman who draws my blood - some months we spend more time together than I do with my closest friends. We see eachother early in the morning, on weekends, through good times and bad. I've been going to this clinic for a good year and a half so we've had some nice conversations over the vials.

Today she finally told me her child (now a teenager) was born after 8 years of trying and IVF. Wow. And now she draws our blood. During those many years she was trying to get pregnant she worked the same job in OBgyn - in delivery. Unbelievable. I would have cracked I think.

There are some pretty amazing women out there.

3 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Dramalish said...

Hi!
Yes, I agree... it's amazing how many lives are touched by IF. We just seem to all hide it pretty well.

Thought you'd like to now (since you love lit.) that some of us infertiles are starting a book club to distract us during treatment. If you're interested:
http://gratefuldistraction.blogspot.com

Good luck on your IVF!
-Donnie

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.

Take care.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger chris said...

I'm always surprised by where I find infertility. The other day, my husband mentioned a co-worker at two kids, one 8, the other two, and of course, we both got that look on our faces: He's one of us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home