fruchtbarkeit

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

where's the karma?

I'm doing my first IVF cycle. I'm supposed to take care of myself and avoid stress. Why isn't the universe cooperating? I'm facing crazy personal stress at work. This would not be the week to sneak into my office and leave weirdly accusatory letters now would it? And if I had known there was going to be covert character assault would I have left the notepad by my phone with those oh-so-revealing words??? "Gonal-F" followed by dollar signs. (I have an office with a door that locks and people in charge never enter it, usually).

Maybe they have no idea what that means - does the general public know a fertility drug when they see it? Why couldn't they wait for some other month to really pick on me?

Why isn't the universe helping me to RELAX? What kind of craziness is this?

Although I have to say, I love my clinic even more, when I burst into tears after all this the blood technician started ranting in my favor and giving me legal advice. Yay! someone is on my side but I sure have to pay a lot for the sympathy.

Good news is that the RE said everything looked "very good" my estrogen is at 128 (I don't know what that means) there are plenty of follicles and the lining is where it's supposed to be. I go back for an ultrasound - and professional sympathy on Thursday.

4 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

That is CRAZY that someone left a weird note in your office. Ugh. And, yes, it does always seem to want to hit the fan all at once.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Ignore all of the other crap and just concentrate on those follicles. Hard.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Susie said...

WTF? Someone is poking around in your office? Dude, that's really messed up.

On the other hand, I never knew what Gonal-F was until I was in treatment. So maybe they had no idea what it meant.

Hang in there and take care of yourself. And remember, you can't control assmonkeys, only your own response to assmonkeys...

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

I'm sorry you're putting up with twits at work (and Susie has coined my currently favourite word in assmonkeys...thanks!). I can tell you that I wouldn't have had a clue if I had come across a note that said gonal-f when poking around my coworker's office ... hope it all settles down for you. Thanks for your supportive comment today on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home