fruchtbarkeit

Monday, May 23, 2005

hooked on narrative

Since last November or so I've been reading IF blogs. In this time I've read a lot fewer novels and become completely hooked on the narratives out there. Plot twists at every turn. I get very sad when people go through utter nonsense and seem stuck in some kind of crazy drug hell and I get all weepy when the one little embryo transferred makes it. Some other bloggers have commented that they get a little worn-out by reading all the drama. I love it. Sorry. I'm just a sucker for narrative. So when I started writing I assumed there would be others like me reading and who are thinking, just give us the gory details, we want the plot!

So the little IVF plot is intramuscular HCG tonight, but only half the dosage. My first IM shot. I now have two cute circles drawn by the nurse on my upper butt. My husband said no way for the shots which is fine. Why make it unpleasant for both of us? Retrieval on Wednesday morning and if all goes well, this is where I start to get nervous, transfer on Saturday or Monday. I can't tell you how many follicles there are, I didn't ask but there seem to be plenty and plenty of large ones. All doctors keep saying "very good." Which I guess is an A- so that's good.

Cue the plot-thickening soundtrack....

6 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger zarqa said...

Yes, the plot thickens as does our lining. :)
I'm counting on getting to the HcG shot tomorrow.
Good luck!

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Penelope. I'm staying put until this story reaches its happy ending!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I love the plot, too. And the HCG shot signals the beginning of the most dramatic part of the cycle!

Like Suz, I'm hoping for a happy ending for you! Good luck!

susie
notahabit

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cue the dry ice and dim the lights! I love the details and the plot, and am thinking good thoughts for you.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger MC said...

Good luck. I hoping for a happy ending also.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Digging Out Slowly said...

Thanks for your very supportive comments on my drug induced hell. I'll be waiting breathlessly to hear the results of that trigger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home