fruchtbarkeit

Saturday, May 21, 2005

signs?

There's been some discussion about signs and signals and chances of fertility and everything working - good omens and so forth. Last summer, while I was in Switzerland, two storks flew over my head but I didn't get pregnant. I've rubbed pregnant bellies, held babies, had IUIs on special days, gotten sperm prayers, have a baby milagro, burnt candles, saw baby-shaped clouds and so forth. I've also faced more unluckiness in other aspects of my life than most people have to deal with so the law of averages should make me...fertile! Har. So as I go on with IVF, still on stims, here are my most recent signs that this will work:

1. The on-screen presence of Sandra Bullock in Crash gave my husband terrible gas, or so he claims. (His Qi is flowing and his sperm count will go up after all the digestive excitement).
2. On my way to my ultrasound today, all of which is indirectly linked to my husband's lowish sperm count, I got to hear the governor of Illinois talk about "testicular virility." (why can't we say balls any more?)
3. For the third night in a row the raccoons have neatly dug up my pea plants. I have now surrounded the plants with a concoction of chipotle peppers. (tender young life will grow despite the evil forces of the masked bandits)
4. I now have a mysterious bruise on my abdomen that sort of looks like a green heart. (it's a love vibe from my uterus)
5. I cannot imagine how my job situation could be any worse. (this is good, now I can obsess about something that's not IF)
6. The new Star Wars movie seems to be about the revenge of the cysts. (but I think it's fiction so in real life they won't win)

This sign business is for the birds. Seriously, why have I believed in it all my life? Now that I am older and wiser I just don't see how good things come in three or bad things do or rainbows come after rain, etc. It seems completely random out there in the universe. Or maybe I just don't have the right equations to figure it all out BUT I thought all this meant I would get pregnant. Otherwise how can I bear to go to the movies with an audibly farting person, I just can't sacrifice any more unless it's going to get me some good karma!

leave my peas in peace you scavengers!

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger MC said...

Hi Penelope, I try not to look for signs one way or the other. On my first IVF cycle I almost drove myself crazy.
I'll answer your questions here as I couldn't find an e-mail.
I like the Anji CDs as she describes what is happening for each section of a stim cycle and beyond. This last cycle was the first time I had used the IVf ones. My Dr can't explain how I got 26 eggs on low doses of Gonal-F. I put it down to the CDs, my meditation every morning, my yoga and hypno once a week. I used to teach yoga in my early 20's. My teacher asked me to do a few classes for her last year, but I said no as I usually work 6 days a week and I'm trying to cut back on more racing around. At the moment I'm using the implantation visulisation. I know what you mean about new age stuff like that, but her voice doesn't annoy me and it gives me ideas for my own visulaisations.
I've been doing yoga for 24 years with the same teacher, I think she is close to 85, but it's hard to tell.
Also before going through IVF I wouldn't have known what Gonal-F or any of the other medications or terms were. I don't like people at work knowing as I don't want people's judgements and cliches. They have no idea what it's like unless they go through it.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hoping your ultrasound appointment is full of good news........i thought i was the only one who saw baby faces in clouds!

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home