fruchtbarkeit

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

smooth dart-like motion

After some discussion of what this actually meant, I went to the bathroom and stuck the needle deep into my flesh. It hurt less than all those subcutaneous ones, and went in like butter. I guess for some reason I thought my flesh was more resilient. Anyhow, IM shot was no big deal. Only little mess-up was the poorly timed sex which was today not yesterday so now I'm worried the little spermies won't be so robust on Weds morning but such is life.

I feel like I'm toting billiard balls in my pelvis and I'm really tired but so far so good.

Retrieval tomorrow morning. I'm hoping I can function by the afternoon. They said no driving for 24 hours. Can any of you pros tell me if I can teach a yoga class about 8 hours after retrieval, I don't need to move around a lot, just be coherent.

thanks for all the nice comments!

7 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger persephone said...

Penelope, my IM shot didn't hurt going in, either. The problem was hours later when it wouldn't let me sit down! Supposedly there are icing / heating pad regimes that help with that.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger persephone said...

oh, and GOOD LUCK with retrieval!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I was not particularly coherent after retrieval but it depends on what drugs they give you. And can I just say - YOU HAD SEX!!! My ovaries would have killed me if I had done that to them. What a trouper you are.

Good luck with retrieval - we want all the details as soon as you are able.

And who reads IVF blogs and can't cope with the drama?? Jeez.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK with the retrieval. I hope you have copious amounts of beautiful eggs, with a 100% fertilization rate.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger persephone said...

hahahahaha REGIMENS, i mean. this is what happens when i decide to start commenting more. (what would a heating pad regime be like, i wonder?)

it sounds like you're in very good shape for tomorrow, i can't wait to hear how it goes.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger MC said...

Good luck with retrieval. I always feel really knocked around afterwards, so play it by ear. I think it will depend how you react to the anasthetic.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Congrats on giving yourself the shot! Go you, what a rock star!

Best of luck at retrieval!

susie
notahabit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home