fruchtbarkeit

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Egg McMuffin

So what is the biological reason for nerve endings in the ovaries? My egg retrieval was excruciatingly painful and it still hurts. Needless to say I came home, fell asleep, woke up and ate lots of cookies and missed yoga. Very bloated and sore.

They retrieved 18 eggs, one broke, so they have 17. As the RE was poking my ovaries the lab people were yelling through a little hole in the wall, "we've got 8, we've got 10" and so forth. The lab person told me afterwards that she's always tempted to ask "do you want fries with that?" but I guess most people wouldn't find that funny.

So one scrambled, 17 whole, no fries and hold the cramps, please.

They'll call tomorrow with a fertilization report. Thanks again for all the nice comments! You guys are wonderful.

6 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger zarqa said...

You were awake? They knocked me out last time so that I woke up wanting to hug every nurse I saw. 18 is great! Transferral isn't nearly as painful.:)

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you were awake. My clinic puts me under anesthesia (not general, but something lighter) - and those drugs totally ROCK. Sorry you missed out on them, and sorry for the discomfort and pain.

18 is a GREAT number. I hope that you get a great fertilization report tomorrow.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

18 beautiful eggs - congrats! I'll be checking often for the fertilization report.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger MC said...

Awesome number. You're very brave, I get completely knocked out,not a general, but I'm asleep.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Definitely more drugs needed! Hope they all fertilize! Rest up and eat more cookies.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyyyy, good news. Fingers crossed that you get good fertilisation AND a hot fudge sundae.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home