fruchtbarkeit

Thursday, June 16, 2005

adieu, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

Third beta - 1769. No more blood tests needed, ultrasound in another 10 days or so.

Thank you all so much for your support. I started this blog because IF and IVF outraged and confused me. The whole process is demoralizing, destabilizing and ignored by the world at large. Little did I know my process would end after exactly 3.5 years of trying. Pregnancy on the other hand may be confusing but it is not an outrage, it is not ignored by the world.

I am not really interested in writing a pregnancy blog - there are many, many, many of them out there. If anything really bad or really good happens I may add a note, a sort of postcript to my narrative of IVF, but I don't think I'll be posting much more.

I spent a long time being a commenter and I want to continue - I am so touched and impressed by all of you out there. Amazingly strong and resilient women who are so giving and kind to complete strangers.

I will leave my IVF story up here for people to read. If someone comes along with my diagnosis they may find some solace in my happy end. I'll keep checking my email so feel free to ask me anything at all.

I'm tempted to keep doing book reviews and I'd love to start a blog about overachieving women professionals but at this point I'm afraid to write about my job.

I cannot thank all the commenters enough - even the anonymous ones - you were so, so helpful and kind to me.

With lots and lots of love and good wishes - Penelope

12 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes great!

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll miss your blog, but understand your gracious exit. Best of luck to you!

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Promise you'll keep commenting (and I don't just mean on my blog)! Your comments always make me either laugh out loud or sit up and take notice.

Take good care.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Mellie said...

May only good things find you from here on out! Hopefully we'll all be following your footsteps soon.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll miss your blog, but wish you the very best of luck, and thanks for your story. Don't be a stranger, now!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger MC said...

Best of luck. I also hope to see you on comments too. Thanks for a great blog.

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really going to miss you, but in the best way ... because I know you're moving on to something great and happy. Best of luck to you, and I really do hope we'll hear from you somehow to know how things are going.

(By the way: I would totally read a blog about overachieving women professionals. Just FYI.)

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad it's for such a fabulous reason, but I wish you weren't going.

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS could you do a blog about loser just-scraping-by apathetic women professionals? Just for me? I'll contribute.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Congratulations Penelope.

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours was a really refreshing voice and you will be missed. Thank you.

Natalie

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

All the very best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home