fruchtbarkeit

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

baby dreams

Okay - mothers and IVf. Do you fill her in? I swore I wasn't going to tell my mother until it was all over with but then she just happened to call the day after the transfer when I was feeling optimistic and so I gave her the gory details. I love my mother and she is an amazing woman in many ways but she's a nudge, and sometimes an oblivious one. (and no I didn't inherit this, I am a very sensitive, never give advice kind of person, ha!). It takes one to know one and I just can't help myself sometimes. So how can she?

She called last night to ask, do I feel pregnant? do I feel anything? Am I doing positive visualization (and thanks to mc's anji rec I can say yes, daily!) and am I relaxing? and "don't freak out if it doesn't work out because you have those frozen ones." Since I am pretty emotional I have a reputation as the family freaker-outer. "Ohhh, don't freak out but.." prefaces many comments from my family to me. And then I freak out or on the other hand you could say I EXPRESS myself while they say la-de-da, let's have a picnic, feelings, what feelings? In my nie on 38 years I have never seen my mother cry or even really scream. I do these two on all odd days of the month with extras for leap years.

Finally my mother asks, "are you having dreams about babies?" This is a new pregnancy symptom I hadn't really thought much about. And lo and behold I fell asleep and did have a baby dream. I had a dark-haired boy (unlikely w/my gene pool) who had a name I didn't like, something fussy like Adair. He was in some sort of NICU (I read way too many blogs and kind of think this is what always happens when babies are born.) However, the NICU was manned by the secretaries from my work (who are only nice to me when their superiors are which is not the case at this time) and they wouldn't let me in unless it was the right hours and they kept him in a filing cabinet and policed my visits so I could never be alone with him. As the dream went on he kind of became my cat but was still a baby, a pretty ugly tiny baby.

Sigmund? Jacques? You got anything for me on this one?

thanks mom now I had a baby dream.

I think part of why my mother is so weird about all of this is that she had quite a few miscarriages (before and after having me) and on some level I think she really, really wants to fix this IF problem for me but just doesn't know how.

4 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you told her too. And I think it's weirdly hilarious that your dream baby was kept in a filing cabinet and then somehow turned into a cat.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Shiiiit, that is one crazy-ass dream. I agree with Suz that it was probably a work dream. But still. Adair, the ugly cat-baby who was kept in a filing cabinet... thanks, mom!

But about your question. I told my mom this time about my positive betas. I don't always tell her about my pregnancies/miscarriages, but I often do, because even though she has no idea what to say to make me feel better, she has never said anything as stupid and wrong as my mother-in-law has. (My husband and I joke that if this ever works out for us, his mom will find out about it when we send out the birth announcement. Or maybe kindergarten graduation invitations.)

I actually like my mom knowing. I don't tell too many people in my non-internet life (ie my chorus, can you imagine going into a room of 45 women who all knew you had just miscarried? Good God) so it is nice to have someone to share good things with and someone who can take the bad news with the appropriate sadness without giving me insensitive assvice.

I am sending good vibes your way daily.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger MC said...

I tell my mum as well, she is great support, very sensible and down to earth.
I also didn't know about dreams being a 2ww symptom. I'll have to pay more attention this month.

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is great you told your mother and that dream! Damn. That is one hell of a dream. I have absolutely no idea what dreams mean and I hope they don't really mean anything because I have my share of really, really weird ones.

I hope you are resting and well.

I don't do HPT's because they have only ever driven me crazy so I don't blame you for waiting for beta. It is all so very hard.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home