fruchtbarkeit

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Democrats are stupid too...

Now as an infertile I may be too hep on the vocabulary of reproduction but I think I would remember a fair amount of it from biology class. The sperm, the egg, the embryo, etc.

So did any of you hear Bill Clinton on NPR yesterday? He was talking about the whole embryo donation/stem cell research thing and said he has nothing against research on "unfertilized embryos."

WTF??!!??

I guess it's just as well that Bill preferred BJs because he doesn't seem to have a clue about human reproduction.

If you haven't already done so, go read Julie's (alittlepregnant.com) excellent and articulate rant on the whole snowbabies thing.

On a completely different note I had a crazy psychological breakthrough while doing Supta Bada Konasana and listening to the Anji IVF cd yesterday. Because of my particular family history, I am very, very, very anxious about rejection and I realized that part of my IVF freakout is the concern that the children-to-be won't want me. Call me daft. Call me nuts, but identifying the weird old source of my fears made me feel much better, and I do realize how ridiculous this is. Leave it to IF to make sure you relive all of your old traumas - even when the rational mind knows better. So now I'm as bad as the religous right, I'm even attributing personal choice to those cell clusters!

3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Unfertilized Embryos?!" Back to sex ed, Billy. And this time, also make sure you listen to the part where they say that blow jobs are INDEED "sexual relations."

Congrats on your breakthrough, Penelope.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your breakthrough is great, but you're nowhere near the religious right (as you surely know). As for Bubba: well, if anyone would want to "fertilize" an "embryo," it would be that guy.

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it's not as ignorant as it sounds, I think. Some of the embryos used for stem-cell research *are* unfertilized--some eggs start dividing even without a sperm (it's called parthenogenesis).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home