fruchtbarkeit

Saturday, May 28, 2005

quick update

Three embryos transferred, everything seemed to go quite smoothly. Did yoga before and acupuncture afterwards WITH the anji cd recommended by mc downunder. Then went and ate falafel.

My husband is very optimistic, I'm baffled that this is even possible. It's an amazing process.

They gave us pictures of the embryos, 1 perfect 8-celled, 1 slightly less perfect 8-celled and 1 slightly less perfect 7-celled. We are worried about triplets but this is what the doctors thought would be best.

Interesting things about the process
- the entire quantity injected into me today was less than 1/250th of a teaspoon
- when they flush out the eggs they use a solution that is just like the fluid in the ovaries
- after transfer the embryologist takes the catheter back to the lab to make sure they all got out! (she has to look under a microscope).
- they did all get out and then I lay around with a full bladder for a while.

This is really fascinating stuff - I'm just amazed at the whole process and that it can work.

Thank you all so much for the good wishes, I'll post more later.

8 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!
That is just amazing. It could hardly have gone better. You are obviously very talented at this IVF thing. I am so excited for you.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful news! I hope you have a nice, restful weekend.

Thinking of you.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger MC said...

Fantastic news I hope everthing goes well. Thinking of you during the wait.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger MC said...

Penelope, thanks for your comment. Can I ask if you will be doing yoga during your 2 week wait? I only go to my yoga and pilates classes, but stop doing it at home. Do you think Surya Namaskara is too powerful to do during that time? May be I should just keep going with it during my FET next month? Again I hope everything goes well with you.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

I've been a recent lurker and just wanted to 'delurk' to wish you all the very best in these next few weeks.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Good luck! I hope it works for you.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Awesome news, Penelope! I am hoping for the very best results!

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your embryos sound WICKED AWESOME - about as close to prefect as they can get. I so hope that one or two chose to hang out and check out the scene in Ze Uterus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home