fruchtbarkeit

Monday, June 06, 2005

I've got nothing

So I guess today is 10 days after the 3 day transfer and I haven't ever felt more normal. Normal breasts, no bloating, no weird food cravings, no fatigue other than moral, nothing. I feel PMS-y more than anything. Sad and crabby. Sad and crabby.

And yesterday I did a bad thing - reading everything on the internet and all those folks who had positives after IVF had symptoms and signs.

I'm not really up to POAS - I haven't got any and I don't know if I would believe it one way or another.

This 2ww really is the hardest part of IVF - if I do this again I'm planning a trip or something.

It's hard to tell what's hormonal and what's reality since I'm still completely demoralized about my job and I just don't know how to forget all that and focus on the positive since I feel no hope on any front.

AND it seems I was wrong about unfertilized embryos because according to a commenter an egg that does parthogenesis is an embryo - but not one that would ever become anything worth transferring - just ask Millie.

8 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to do this to you (I'm the parthenogenesis commenter from yesterday)--but keep your hopes up! Almost four years ago, I had a transfer of 2 8-cell embryos. Didn't feel anything at all at 10 dpt. Was sure it didn't work. And now they're lying next to me sucking on their thumbs and talking about what they're going to be doing in preschool today.

Turns out I--and lots of other women--just don't really feel much of anything in early pg. (I didn't POAS because I just couldn't stomach another one-stripe stick.)

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry that everything feels hopeless now. You need some good news SOON!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I am crossing my fingers for you, Penelope. Like anon said up there, some women just don't get many early symptoms. I'm hoping you're one of those too.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Mellie said...

Count me as another one with her fingers crossed for you. And I know this is impossible, but stop looking for symptoms - they may or may not be an indication of anything. You still have reason to hope - and we're all here hoping along with you.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger zarqa said...

Feeling PMSy, I've heard and experienced, is an early symptom too. In fact the first few weeks it feels like you're just about to get your period. But you're pregnant! Just something to keep in mind.
I'm not feeling much of anything either.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping everything crossed for you... I know the waiting sucks big time! I know you are a yoga-lady but have you ever thought of doing acupuncture? It was the only thing that kept me sane after transfer last time and no risks to the embryos.

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, that's so hard. I wish I had something to tell you to keep your mind off it. Hang in there--we're pulling for ya.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger MC said...

It's not over yet, many women on the boards report no symptoms. I agree the waiting is the worst part, I told my Dr that last month. Fingers crossed for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home